SET AND IRVINE KAHUNA - BENEFITTING THE BE A HERO, BECOME A DONOR FOUNDATION
Details & Rules (please read carefully
TOURNAMENT RULES AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. All athletes must be registered with USAWP.
2. Each coach is responsible to submit a verified roster to the score table before the each game. Please have additional verified rosters on you at all times.
3. Tournament entry fees are due by Thursday, October 5th, 2017. First come, first served with the tournament host reserving the right to make final selections in the event of additional entries. Verified rosters required for each team.
4. All teams must provide their own warm-up balls and game caps.
5. All players must wear the same cap number throughout the tournament. First team listed will wear the white caps and are the “home” team.
6. RAIN or SHINE. We suggest that your team bring canopies for shelter from the elements.
7. Any forfeits result in a $50 fine per game to the offending team per SOPAC zone policies. Games are ruled a forfeit 10 minutes after the scheduled start time or if a team does not have at least 7 players on their roster ready to play at the start. It is the responsibility of the coach or team manager to follow the tournament schedule.
ENTRY FEES: Your entry into the tournament is secure when we have received your payment and you get confirmation back that you are in.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ENTRIES AND FEES ARE HANDLED ONLINE THRU IRVINE YOUTH WATER POLO CORPORATION AT THE REQUEST OF SET WATER POLO. You may use credit card online.
THE ONLINE PAYMENT LINK WILL BE AVAILABLE WHEN YOU REACH THE CONFIRMATION PAGE OF THIS PROCESS.
COACHES: It is our intention to have a positive environment for all age group athletes. We will ask that you refrain from disparaging remarks to the officials, desk, and spectators. Referees will be instructed not to tolerate excessive behavior. Excessive behavior as deemed by a referee: First Warning: ball is pulled out of play and referee will address the coach one on one. Second Offense: Yellow card, Third Offense: Red Card. REFEREES: We intend to make this a top quality tournament.
DATES: OCTOBER 14, 15, 2017
LOCATION: El Toro HS, Woollett AC, and other Orange County locations
Note: 10U is Coed but can have all of one gender; 10U COED age as of August 1 2017 (5 min. quarters)
12U BOYS age as of August 1 2017 (6 min. quarters)
12U GIRLS age as of August 1 2017 (6 min. quarters)
12U COED age as of August 1 2017 (6 min. quarters)
8th GRADE U BOYS (6 min. quarters)
8th GRADE U GIRLS (6 min. quarters)
8th GRADE U COED (6 min. quarters); may combine with lower boys flight if needed
HS GIRLS, Novice or Frosh-Soph(7 min. quarters)
HS GIRLS Advanced (7 min. quarters)
OPEN WOMEN (7 min. quarters)
GAMES: Festival Format, 4 to 5 games minimum
COST: $695 per team
Evan Cousineau was a water polo player known throughout the Southern California pool decks for his competitive spirit and love for life. He battled a rare genetic disorder but throughout his journey, he demonstrated a true fighter’s spirit and has been an inspiration to many. We lost Evan in 2007 but his spirit lives on. In honor of Evan, this tournament will benefit the Be a Hero, Become a Donor (BAHBAD) Foundation which is designed to promote marrow, blood and organ donation so that we all can be heros and help others who may be battling life threatening situations by providing hope. For more info go to BeAHeroBecomeADonor.org This is the 10th year of this event and in the first nine years more than $200,000 has been raised for the foundation thru this event and its peripheral aspects (silent auction, direct donations, etc.), new donors were signed up and kids had a fun filled and competitive weekend.
Tournament merchandise and other gear will be sold during the event.
1.All athletes, coaches, and Clubs must be USAWP registered for 2017.
2. Roster may exceed 15 players, however we only award 15 medals per team.
3. The course will be 25 yards or 25M with wall or floating goals.
4. The ball size will be consistent with the USAWP Conduct of Championships.
5. Each team will be entitled to 2 x one-minute timeouts per game.
6. Point system to be used:
4 points for outright win (or forfeit win)
3 points for shootout win
2 points for shootout loss
1 point for outright loss
0 points for forfeit loss
Note: forfeit could be thru no game or played game that is forfeited due to borrowed or ineligible players
7. All games will be played to a result. In the case of a tie the game will go directly to a shoot-out with 5 players selected from each team. Teams will shoot at goal to the right of the score table unless mutually agreed otherwise by the teams.
8. In case of a tie in bracket play to determine advancement, the following applies:
a. 3 teams tied in points broken by goal differential. Only +1 for shootout win. If for some reason there is still a tie after this method then, goals allowed will be used. After the initial tie is broken, the top team from the tie breaker will be removed and the remaining teams will be evaluated on a head to head basis.
b. 2 teams tied in points, head to head
9. Only coaches and managers listed on your team roster will be allowed on the bench.
ROSTERS: All rosters must be verified
using the roster verification online system at www.usawaterpolo.org after the club admin logs into their account.
You must PRINT ENOUGH COPIES IN ORDER TO HAND ONE IN TO THE SCORE TABLE PRIOR TO EACH OF YOUR GAMES.
DEADLINES: Please read carefully.
DEADLINE TO DECLARE INTENT TO ENTER: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 5th, 2017
DEADLINE TO PAY ENTRY FEES (online credit method only): THURSDAY, OCTOBER 5th, 2017
SEEDING PHONE CONFERENCE 8PM FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6th, 2017 SCHEDULES RELEASED TO TEAMS FOR PROOFING: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6th, 2016
FINAL SCHEDULES RELEASE AND POSTED ON WEB AT www.setwaterpolo.com AND www.irvinewaterpolo.org: BY SUNDAY, OCTOBER 8th, 2017
Please enter your information below, then click continue. On the next page you will be asked to verify and enter or come back to this page to change anything before going back to verify once again and continue on with the entry process.
All entries are subject to availability. Please enter and pay entry fee by deadlines listed above. You are not entered officially until payment is received, and all entries are subject to availability. No refunds unless the host does not allow your entry.
If you need additional information or have a question that is not answered above please contact email@example.com.